10/20/10

Late Update

I've missed a couple monthly updates, but here's a brief recap of the projects I worked on in August and September.


The projects getting the most of my time are at Denison, the Writing our Story and Looking Back, Looking Forward proposals particularly. I've been working with Denison staff to sort out metadata, set up workflow, and create a space for the collection. A test version of Looking Back, Looking Forward is even online at http://drcdev.ohiolink.edu/handle/123456789/8775. I've also worked a fair amount on improving the processes and appearance of the Oberlin Scholarship project, though it'll be a few more months before those changes move into production. As for the other schools and projects I've tried to be involved in meetings and helped with related tasks as they've come up. As projects get going and deadlines approach, I expect to be spending more time with the other campuses.


Gadget Days has also been a big task for me, organizing the Oberlin event has been especially time consuming. Other committee work, like administering the staff technology survey, planning for the metadata meeting, and updating the internal NGL site have also been a part of my regular work. With what's left of my time I've been researching technology we are or will be using, in particular trying to become more familiar DSpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment